City and Borough of Juneau
155 S. Seward Street
Juneau, Alaska 99801
tel. 907-586-5240
fax 907-586-5385

If you can read this, your browser is not style sheet compliant. If you are using an ADA browser, continue on for information and menu links.For more information regarding the City and Borough Juneau's new website design, click [here].

How Do I...

Appeal a Citation Get My Impounded Vehicle Abandoned Vehicle File an Online Police Report Apply for Employment Request A Police Report Compliments/Complaints Contact Us

JPD Menu

People of Interest

Felony Theft - ShopliftingEntire List

Juneau Police Department

Questions Posted to "Ask a Dispatcher"

Q. I just read an earlier post on 'tinted window regs' and received good info but still have a question on the 'class' of vehicle. My SUV is considered multi use as a limo, although I only use it for personal use, not commercial. I was cited recently for too dark a tint on the front side windows. As my SUV is multi classed, does it have to be registered commercial for the commercial regs to apply?

Dear Juneau Resident,

Yes, to be treated as a commercial passenger vehicle with applicable regulations you do have to register it as such and do all the inspections and permits. JPD has a commercial passenger vehicle administrator, Officer Jennifer Adams. If you have questions about the process you can call 586-0600 and ask for Officer Adams.


CBJ Image