City and Borough of Juneau
155 S. Seward Street
Juneau, Alaska 99801
tel. 907-586-5240
fax 907-586-5385

If you can read this, your browser is not style sheet compliant. If you are using an ADA browser, continue on for information and menu links.For more information regarding the City and Borough Juneau's new website design, click [here].

How Do I...

Appeal a Citation Get My Impounded Vehicle Abandoned Vehicle File an Online Police Report Apply for Employment Request A Police Report Compliments/Complaints Contact Us

JPD Menu

People of Interest

Felony Theft - ShopliftingEntire List

Juneau Police Department

Questions Posted to "Ask a Dispatcher"

Q. What's the best way to report domestic violence anonymously? Thanks!

Dear Juneau Resident,

You can call dispatch at 586-0600, or 911 if you hear or see violence, and report an incident as it happens and be anonymous.

If you don't know when the incidents happen you can still report domestic violence. Be prepared to describe why you think there is domestic violence in the home. If you have enough specifics to lead an officer to be suspicious a crime is happening, the officer will interview the parties, neighbors, etc...

You may also want to get some information to share with the victim and maybe advice on how to talk to the victim. AWARE is very helpful and their crisis line is 586-1090. To actually end a violent relationship the victim will have to decide at some point not to put up with the abuse and you can support him or her during that time.


CBJ Image