City and Borough of Juneau
155 S. Seward Street
Juneau, Alaska 99801
tel. 907-586-5240
fax 907-586-5385

If you can read this, your browser is not style sheet compliant. If you are using an ADA browser, continue on for information and menu links.For more information regarding the City and Borough Juneau's new website design, click [here].

How Do I...

Appeal a Citation Get My Impounded Vehicle Abandoned Vehicle File an Online Police Report Apply for Employment Request A Police Report Compliments/Complaints Contact Us

JPD Menu

People of Interest

Felony Theft - ShopliftingEntire List

Juneau Police Department

Questions Posted to "Ask a Dispatcher"

Q. My 17 yr old has recently been getting into trouble. 2x she had to be picked up by us. 1x for shoplifting & the latest for smoking pot w/ a bunch of friends. After taking all her privileges (ph/tv), grounding her & making her quit her job b/c of lying about wrk schedule, she now refuses to come home. She's been gone 2 days & finally called just to say she's ok but won't tell us her location. If we call her in as a runaway & she goes to cornerstone how long do they hold her & what's the $?

Dear Juneau Resident,

You should call Cornerstone about your specific situation since each family is a little different and resources available to families varies. Your 17 year old will be of age soon so just making her behave for a few months is not so much of the issue. What you probably want is to turn her away from being self-destructive so she will be doing well in five years and even further down the road. Cornerstone can help with family mediation and helping get her on the right path to take responsibility for herself.

You can also call Juneau Youth Services and see if they can help with some family meetings. JPD wishes you good luck!


CBJ Image