City and Borough of Juneau
155 S. Seward Street
Juneau, Alaska 99801
tel. 907-586-5240
fax 907-586-5385

If you can read this, your browser is not style sheet compliant. If you are using an ADA browser, continue on for information and menu links.For more information regarding the City and Borough Juneau's new website design, click [here].

How Do I...

Appeal a Citation Get My Impounded Vehicle Abandoned Vehicle File an Online Police Report Apply for Employment Request A Police Report Compliments/Complaints Contact Us

JPD Menu

People of Interest

Felony Theft - ShopliftingEntire List

Juneau Police Department

Questions Posted to "Ask a Dispatcher"

Q. What if a baby dady signs his rights over to the mother. And the mother wants pictures off from his facebook about the child. And the father isnt willing to do so. Is that ok by law? That he can leave them on. Even if the mother doesnt want him to put pictures on anything

Dear Juneau Resident,

The biological father isn't doing anything illegal under criminal law as long as he legally acquired the pictures. If he broke into the mother's house and stole the pictures the pictures would then be evidence.

A civil attorney can probably tell you if the mother can somehow control all pictures of the child or if the father is required to keep his status a secret under a civil agreement. Common sense would seem to say that biological father is a permanent and discloseable relationship even if custody rights are waived but a civil lawyer would know more about that area of law.


CBJ Image