City and Borough of Juneau
155 S. Seward Street
Juneau, Alaska 99801
tel. 907-586-5240
fax 907-586-5385

If you can read this, your browser is not style sheet compliant. If you are using an ADA browser, continue on for information and menu links.For more information regarding the City and Borough Juneau's new website design, click [here].

How Do I...

Appeal a Citation Get My Impounded Vehicle Abandoned Vehicle File an Online Police Report Apply for Employment Request A Police Report Compliments/Complaints Contact Us

JPD Menu

People of Interest

Felony Theft - ShopliftingEntire List

Juneau Police Department

Questions Posted to "Ask a Dispatcher"

Q. I have noticed a few houses that have trash all over their property which looks like a hazard or just not legal. Can they be fined? If so, is it the occupants of the property or the owner?

Dear Juneau Resident,

You should report the hazard to the Community Service Officers so one of them can go take a look. Each situation is a little different so the officers investigate to see what is happening and who might be at fault. Sometimes an apartment owner doesn't supply adequate garbage cans or dumpsters and puts residents in the position of littering even unwillingly. Sometimes residents don't secure the tops of the cans or dumpsters and then it is the resident's recklessness that causes the problem. You can call 586-0600 and ask to report the situation. The complaint will go to the Community Service Unit.


CBJ Image