City and Borough of Juneau
155 S. Seward Street
Juneau, Alaska 99801
tel. 907-586-5240
fax 907-586-5385

If you can read this, your browser is not style sheet compliant. If you are using an ADA browser, continue on for information and menu links.For more information regarding the City and Borough Juneau's new website design, click [here].

How Do I...

Appeal a Citation Get My Impounded Vehicle Abandoned Vehicle File an Online Police Report Apply for Employment Request A Police Report Compliments/Complaints Contact Us

JPD Menu

People of Interest

Felony Theft - ShopliftingEntire List

Juneau Police Department

Questions Posted to "Ask a Dispatcher"

Q. There appears to be a psychotic man in Safeway. He is over where people eat and watch TV. His speech is angry and he is ranting loudly. I don't know if this is reportable and something the police should check out.

Dear Juneau Resident,

The man's behavior is legal, provided he is not threatening anyone. It is likely he is making people uncomfortable and it is up to the managers at Safeway to decide if the man should be asked to leave. If a manager wants the man to leave, he or she can certainly ask him to leave the property. If the man won't leave then the police can respond and arrest him for criminal trespass.

Sometimes people ask the police to stand by while someone is asked to leave because the person is intimidated by the person causing a problem. Safeway management can call for assistance prior to asking the man to leave and JPD would respond for that, the timing depending whether or not officers are on priority calls.



CBJ Image