City and Borough of Juneau
155 S. Seward Street
Juneau, Alaska 99801
tel. 907-586-5240
fax 907-586-5385

If you can read this, your browser is not style sheet compliant. If you are using an ADA browser, continue on for information and menu links.For more information regarding the City and Borough Juneau's new website design, click [here].

How Do I...

Appeal a Citation Get My Impounded Vehicle Abandoned Vehicle File an Online Police Report Apply for Employment Request A Police Report Compliments/Complaints Contact Us

JPD Menu

People of Interest

Felony Theft - ShopliftingEntire List

Juneau Police Department

Questions Posted to "Ask a Dispatcher"

Q. bear sighting, what do i do?

Dear Juneau Resident,

You only need to report a bear if it is being aggressive or has gotten into trash. Bear reports go to the patrol supervisor to decide if a response is needed. If the bear isn't causing a problem the best situation is for everyone to leave them alone. The more often the bear gets chased or shooed away the more de-sensitized the animal becomes to human contact, making it more likely it will have to be destroyed.



CBJ Image