City and Borough of Juneau
155 S. Seward Street
Juneau, Alaska 99801
tel. 907-586-5240
fax 907-586-5385

If you can read this, your browser is not style sheet compliant. If you are using an ADA browser, continue on for information and menu links.For more information regarding the City and Borough Juneau's new website design, click [here].

How Do I...

Appeal a Citation Get My Impounded Vehicle Abandoned Vehicle File an Online Police Report Apply for Employment Request A Police Report Compliments/Complaints Contact Us

JPD Menu

People of Interest

Felony Theft - ShopliftingEntire List

Juneau Police Department

Questions Posted to "Ask a Dispatcher"

Q. Selling a vehicle with personalized plates, do I need ne leave the plates on the vehicle or can I take my plates and sell the vehicle without plates?

Dear Juneau Resident,

You can transfer the plates to another vehicle that is registered in your name for a fee. If you don't transfer the plates you can turn them in to DMV. There are some logistics with the new buyer since that person cannot drive the vehicle away with no plates. You would need to file the vehicle registration with a transfer pending to the new owner. That owner will have to register the vehicle and put the plates on the vehicle to take possession.


CBJ Image