City and Borough of Juneau
155 S. Seward Street
Juneau, Alaska 99801
tel. 907-586-5240
fax 907-586-5385

If you can read this, your browser is not style sheet compliant. If you are using an ADA browser, continue on for information and menu links.For more information regarding the City and Borough Juneau's new website design, click [here].

How Do I...

Appeal a Citation Get My Impounded Vehicle Abandoned Vehicle File an Online Police Report Apply for Employment Request A Police Report Compliments/Complaints Contact Us

JPD Menu

People of Interest

Felony Theft - ShopliftingEntire List

Juneau Police Department

Questions Posted to "Ask a Dispatcher"

Q. There is a couple living in a tent in my neighbors yard. They have been there for a couple months is my guess if not all summer. Is this legal? Can I make a noise complaint?

Dear Juneau Resident,

You can make a noise complaint to the police department anytime there is an issue. Just call 586-0600.

The other issue is using a tent as a residence. Camp outs are fine, lots of kids and adults do camp outs, but using a tent as an actual residence has obvious issues. Can you imagine if people just started renting out backyard space to people with tents? JPD would not enforce any zoing violations. That would be up to zoning officials. You can call Ron Schramm at 586-0467 at the CBJ Code Compliance Office and discuss the issue with him.


CBJ Image