City and Borough of Juneau
155 S. Seward Street
Juneau, Alaska 99801
tel. 907-586-5240
fax 907-586-5385

If you can read this, your browser is not style sheet compliant. If you are using an ADA browser, continue on for information and menu links.For more information regarding the City and Borough Juneau's new website design, click [here].

How Do I...

Appeal a Citation Get My Impounded Vehicle Abandoned Vehicle File an Online Police Report Apply for Employment Request A Police Report Compliments/Complaints Contact Us

JPD Menu

People of Interest

Felony Theft - ShopliftingEntire List

Juneau Police Department

Questions Posted to "Ask a Dispatcher"

Q. Is there a time limit for filing a police report. A teenager backed into me in a parking lot and did not want to go through insurance so I accommodated them. The estimates I got are higher than they expected and now want to go through insurance. This happened in August. Can I still file a police report for insurance purposes? The damage was less than $2000.

Dear Juneau Resident,

You can ask for an informational case and get a case number. JPD would not be investigating what happened or issuing any traffic citations. It would be up to the insurance companies to hash it out if there is a dispute over who was at fault. Just call 586-0600 and indicate the report you want to make. Have all the information you have about the other party and vehicles ready if you would like that information to be in the case.


CBJ Image