City and Borough of Juneau
155 S. Seward Street
Juneau, Alaska 99801
tel. 907-586-5240
fax 907-586-5385

If you can read this, your browser is not style sheet compliant. If you are using an ADA browser, continue on for information and menu links.For more information regarding the City and Borough Juneau's new website design, click [here].

How Do I...

Appeal a Citation Get My Impounded Vehicle Abandoned Vehicle File an Online Police Report Apply for Employment Request A Police Report Compliments/Complaints Contact Us

JPD Menu

People of Interest

Felony Theft - ShopliftingEntire List

Juneau Police Department

Questions Posted to "Ask a Dispatcher"

Q. Is it illegal to move your son out of the state?
I've had him all his life but don't technically have any custody papers through the court.

Dear Juneau Resident,

Child custody is a very complicated matter and you definitely need to consult a lawyer on this matter. From the law enforcement point of view, if we received a complaint that you removed the child from the state with no legal right to do so we would be investigating the removal as Custodial Interference in the 1st degree, a C felony. As you can tell, it is a very serious matter under the law. It is worth consulting an attorney and making sure take the steps to be legally entitled to take the child. You certainly don't want the possibility of a criminal investigation hanging over you during your new start.


CBJ Image