City and Borough of Juneau
155 S. Seward Street
Juneau, Alaska 99801
tel. 907-586-5240
fax 907-586-5385

If you can read this, your browser is not style sheet compliant. If you are using an ADA browser, continue on for information and menu links.For more information regarding the City and Borough Juneau's new website design, click [here].

How Do I...

Appeal a Citation Get My Impounded Vehicle Abandoned Vehicle File an Online Police Report Apply for Employment Request A Police Report Compliments/Complaints Contact Us

JPD Menu

People of Interest

Felony Theft - ShopliftingEntire List

Juneau Police Department

Questions Posted to "Ask a Dispatcher"

Q. as a landlord,what are my options& responsibilities regarding tenants and or their guests who I suspect or have reason to believe are involved in illegal activity?

Dear Juneau Resident,

Anyone can report suspected illegal activity to the police, who may or may not have enough information to act.

Landlords have rights and responsibilities under landlord-tenant laws. Those laws need to be interpreted by someone who is knowledgable in that area. You could use your own lawyer or maybe Alaska Legal Services. Some leases also have inspection requirements and people can be removed for various reasons under that provision. It depends on the individual lease which you should get some legal help with the enforcement to make sure you are on solid ground.


CBJ Image