City and Borough of Juneau
155 S. Seward Street
Juneau, Alaska 99801
tel. 907-586-5240
fax 907-586-5385

If you can read this, your browser is not style sheet compliant. If you are using an ADA browser, continue on for information and menu links.For more information regarding the City and Borough Juneau's new website design, click [here].

How Do I...

Appeal a Citation Get My Impounded Vehicle Abandoned Vehicle File an Online Police Report Apply for Employment Request A Police Report Compliments/Complaints Contact Us

JPD Menu

People of Interest

Felony Theft - ShopliftingEntire List

Juneau Police Department

Questions Posted to "Ask a Dispatcher"

Q. What is the process of calling the police to report a reckless driver on the road? I have had multiple occasions within the last couple of days where cars have almost hit me and then speed off down the road going an ungodly speed. Do they pursue the car? Is it even worth my time to call it in the JPD?

Dear Juneau Resident,

You should report it, but not on 9-1-1. The best phone number to use is the non-emergency line 586-0600. Be sure and get a plate and description of the driver, if possible.

If officers are in the area and not busy handling a priority call they will look for the vehicle. Sometimes JPD officers arrest drunk or drugged drivers following reports of that nature.

We also want to document reports of cars that are routinely being driven recklessly. A series of calls can make it a priority to identify and contact the driver.

If the driver is a teenager, JPD reporting the incident to the "court of Mom and Dad" sometimes leads to a change in behavior if there isn't a way to cite the driver.


CBJ Image