City and Borough of Juneau
155 S. Seward Street
Juneau, Alaska 99801
tel. 907-586-5240
fax 907-586-5385

If you can read this, your browser is not style sheet compliant. If you are using an ADA browser, continue on for information and menu links.For more information regarding the City and Borough Juneau's new website design, click [here].

How Do I...

Appeal a Citation Get My Impounded Vehicle Abandoned Vehicle File an Online Police Report Apply for Employment Request A Police Report Compliments/Complaints Contact Us

JPD Menu

People of Interest

Felony Theft - ShopliftingEntire List

Juneau Police Department

Questions Posted to "Ask a Dispatcher"

Q. How do I serve papers on an individual if all I have is a post office box number?

Dear Juneau Resident,

You can try a private process server. If you can't find anyone advertising that business you could call some law firms and see if they would provide the name of someone the attorneys use. If they are the kind of papers you are allowed to serve by certified mail you could try to send it to the person at a workplace. If you can convince an associate of the person that it is best to just get it over with maybe you can negotiate a meeting to just hand over the papers. Sometimes research on the internet, even the kind that charges a small fee, can come up with a physical address from tax bills or other public records.


CBJ Image