City and Borough of Juneau
155 S. Seward Street
Juneau, Alaska 99801
tel. 907-586-5240
fax 907-586-5385

If you can read this, your browser is not style sheet compliant. If you are using an ADA browser, continue on for information and menu links.For more information regarding the City and Borough Juneau's new website design, click [here].

How Do I...

Appeal a Citation Get My Impounded Vehicle Abandoned Vehicle File an Online Police Report Apply for Employment Request A Police Report Compliments/Complaints Contact Us

JPD Menu

People of Interest

Felony Theft - ShopliftingEntire List

Juneau Police Department

Questions Posted to "Ask a Dispatcher"

Q. My neighbor has there dog on a runner in there back yard and the chain on it is too long. The dog comes into my backyard and poops all over the yard and jumps on my kids. I've asked them to shorten the leash and to remove the poop but they ignore me. What are my options?

Dear Juneau Resident,

This was a new one! Animal Control has weighed in on the issue and says you should call them at 789-6997. The Animal Control Officer can talk to the neighbor and ask for a behavior change and if there is no response, cite them for leaving fecal material on another's property and even dog at large if the dog isn't staying on the owner's property.


CBJ Image