City and Borough of Juneau
155 S. Seward Street
Juneau, Alaska 99801
tel. 907-586-5240
fax 907-586-5385

If you can read this, your browser is not style sheet compliant. If you are using an ADA browser, continue on for information and menu links.For more information regarding the City and Borough Juneau's new website design, click [here].

How Do I...

Appeal a Citation Get My Impounded Vehicle Abandoned Vehicle File an Online Police Report Apply for Employment Request A Police Report Compliments/Complaints Contact Us

JPD Menu

People of Interest

Felony Theft - ShopliftingEntire List

Juneau Police Department

Questions Posted to "Ask a Dispatcher"

Q. What can I do about the people that live next to me who blast their stereo system to the point I can hear it through my walls over my tv

Dear Juneau Resident,

That is a tough one. With common walls there is often bleed through noise that is not treated as criminal disturbing of the peace. If a neighbor has a super stereo and the walls are rattling, and they refuse to turn it down after a reasonable request, then a citation is certainly in order and would be viewed as reasonable by the prosecutor and court. What you can do is call in a complaint when it is happening and see if an officer is available to come to your house and assess if the noise is unreasonable given JPD's experience with that kind of situation.

Another option is to talk to the person about the situation and potentially involve the landlord. You can also look at your furniture and see if something like a bookcase moved to that wall might help block the noise.


CBJ Image