City and Borough of Juneau
155 S. Seward Street
Juneau, Alaska 99801
tel. 907-586-5240
fax 907-586-5385

If you can read this, your browser is not style sheet compliant. If you are using an ADA browser, continue on for information and menu links.For more information regarding the City and Borough Juneau's new website design, click [here].

How Do I...

Appeal a Citation Get My Impounded Vehicle Abandoned Vehicle File an Online Police Report Apply for Employment Request A Police Report Compliments/Complaints Contact Us

JPD Menu

People of Interest

Felony Theft - ShopliftingEntire List

Juneau Police Department

Questions Posted to "Ask a Dispatcher"

Q. What are the laws regarding a person under 21 drinking alcohol under parental supervision in the parents home?

Dear Juneau Resident,

A parent can give an underage person alcohol in the home and supervise the young person in the home. There are limits, of course. Letting a young person have a glass of wine with a spaghetti dinner is different than letting the young person do shots, or do shots with the parent, and becoming dangerously intoxicated. A parent can still get into the reckless endangerment area if he or she goes overboard. Also, letting the child's friends come over and drink, which does happen, will also get the parent into trouble.


CBJ Image