City and Borough of Juneau
155 S. Seward Street
Juneau, Alaska 99801
tel. 907-586-5240
fax 907-586-5385

If you can read this, your browser is not style sheet compliant. If you are using an ADA browser, continue on for information and menu links.For more information regarding the City and Borough Juneau's new website design, click [here].

How Do I...

Appeal a Citation Get My Impounded Vehicle Abandoned Vehicle File an Online Police Report Apply for Employment Request A Police Report Compliments/Complaints Contact Us

JPD Menu

People of Interest

Felony Theft - ShopliftingEntire List

Juneau Police Department

Questions Posted to "Ask a Dispatcher"

Q. Hi! I'm wondering what the consequences are for a minor caught driving with an open bottle of alcohol in the car.

Dear Juneau Resident,

They can be cited for the same crime as a minor consuming alchol if the minor is in possession of the alcohol. Here is how the law reads:

Sec. 04.16.050. Possession, control, or consumption by persons under the age of 21.
(a) A person under the age of 21 years may not knowingly consume, possess, or control alcoholic beverages except those furnished persons under AS 04.16.051(b).


CBJ Image