City and Borough of Juneau
155 S. Seward Street
Juneau, Alaska 99801
tel. 907-586-5240
fax 907-586-5385

If you can read this, your browser is not style sheet compliant. If you are using an ADA browser, continue on for information and menu links.For more information regarding the City and Borough Juneau's new website design, click [here].

How Do I...

Appeal a Citation Get My Impounded Vehicle Abandoned Vehicle File an Online Police Report Apply for Employment Request A Police Report Compliments/Complaints Contact Us

JPD Menu

People of Interest

Felony Theft - ShopliftingEntire List

Juneau Police Department

Questions Posted to "Ask a Dispatcher"

Q. If I have a rental and there is an individual that visits the rental but has been verbally notified by the property owner that they are not to be on the property and does not follow the request of the property owner. What is the next step for the property owner?

Dear Juneau Resident,

The next step is for the owner to serve the individual a criminal trespass form, sometimes called a criminal trespass letter. You can find this document on under Frequently Used Forms (or copy and paste the following link into your address bar).

Since the subject who has already been told to stay away from the property and has refused they may not be the ‘play nice with others’ type. Don’t be surprised if he or she refuses to take the form and carefully maintain a copy for their records. They are more likely to crumple the form up and throw it on the ground. The ‘stay away’ order is good even if the person doesn’t take and keep the form.

After serving the letter, the owner should retain a copy for their records. JPD does not store copies of these forms but may request the form if the person returns and is arrested for criminal trespass. For more information you can read the criminal trespass ordinance, CBJ 42.15.0150.

Additionally, if the individual is returning to the property as an invited guest of the tenant, the owner needs to make it very clear to the tenant that the person has been trespassed and can be arrested as a result of being on the property.


CBJ Image