City and Borough of Juneau
155 S. Seward Street
Juneau, Alaska 99801
tel. 907-586-5240
fax 907-586-5385

If you can read this, your browser is not style sheet compliant. If you are using an ADA browser, continue on for information and menu links.For more information regarding the City and Borough Juneau's new website design, click [here].

How Do I...

Appeal a Citation Get My Impounded Vehicle Abandoned Vehicle File an Online Police Report Apply for Employment Request A Police Report Compliments/Complaints Contact Us

JPD Menu

People of Interest

Felony Theft - ShopliftingEntire List

Juneau Police Department

Questions Posted to "Ask a Dispatcher"

Q. Is a minor under the age of 18 legally allowed to live on their own if they choose to? Is a parent legally responsible for their child until they turn 18?

Dear Juneau Resident,

The minor doesn't get to make the decision to live away from a parent but a parent can allow a minor to live somewhere other than home. The parent still maintains responsibility for the child having basic needs met until he or she turns 18.


CBJ Image