City and Borough of Juneau
155 S. Seward Street
Juneau, Alaska 99801
tel. 907-586-5240
fax 907-586-5385

If you can read this, your browser is not style sheet compliant. If you are using an ADA browser, continue on for information and menu links.For more information regarding the City and Borough Juneau's new website design, click [here].

How Do I...

Appeal a Citation Get My Impounded Vehicle Abandoned Vehicle File an Online Police Report Apply for Employment Request A Police Report Compliments/Complaints Contact Us

JPD Menu

People of Interest

Felony Theft - ShopliftingEntire List

Juneau Police Department

Questions Posted to "Ask a Dispatcher"

Q. Hi. I read in the Juneau Empire that someone's car was impounded for driving without a license. My question is this; is that without a VALID license, EXPIRED license, or ZERO license. I ask because I just realized mine expired on my birthday (last week). And yes, I am going to get a new one but know my luck I'll get pulled over on my way out there.

Dear Juneau Resident,

Your situation is pretty common. Just get out to DMV asap. If you are stopped you could get a warning or a ticket for expired less than a year. That is a $75 dollar fine under Alaska Statue (AS) 28.15.011(b). If you are expired more than a year, that is when expiration might get you in front of a judge and waving goodbye to your car as it is towed away.


CBJ Image