City and Borough of Juneau
155 S. Seward Street
Juneau, Alaska 99801
tel. 907-586-5240
fax 907-586-5385

If you can read this, your browser is not style sheet compliant. If you are using an ADA browser, continue on for information and menu links.For more information regarding the City and Borough Juneau's new website design, click [here].

How Do I...

Appeal a Citation Get My Impounded Vehicle Abandoned Vehicle File an Online Police Report Apply for Employment Request A Police Report Compliments/Complaints Contact Us

JPD Menu

People of Interest

Felony Theft - ShopliftingEntire List

Juneau Police Department

Questions Posted to "Ask a Dispatcher"

Q. I realize that you do not have any thing to do with the "half way" house but was wondering if you give me any info on what the rules are if someone is suppose to be staying there. I thought that they were only allowed to go to and from work if the have a job or to court appearances. Are they really allowed to go out the road or other places for get togethers such as BBQ, birthday parties etc. Is there someone to contact for information on the rules?

Dear Juneau Resident,

JPD doesn't have anything to do with the movements of inmates but curiousity led to a phone call to Mike Truax with the halfway house. He was very nice and helpful. He said residents are allowed different levels of freedom. Some residents may be allowed to attend an event like a birthday party if that person is in one of the highest 'phases'.

If you have questions about a particular inmate or the event that person attended, you can call Mike Truax at 780-3013. From the JPD side, we know many people who are halfway house inmates are not supposed to be drinking or breaking any laws no matter what event they are allowed to attend. If someone from the halfway house was drinking JPD would want to check and see if that person had conditions on their release from jail indicating they were not to enter a bar or consume alcohol.


CBJ Image