City and Borough of Juneau
155 S. Seward Street
Juneau, Alaska 99801
tel. 907-586-5240
fax 907-586-5385

If you can read this, your browser is not style sheet compliant. If you are using an ADA browser, continue on for information and menu links.For more information regarding the City and Borough Juneau's new website design, click [here].

How Do I...

Appeal a Citation Get My Impounded Vehicle Abandoned Vehicle File an Online Police Report Apply for Employment Request A Police Report Compliments/Complaints Contact Us

JPD Menu

People of Interest

Felony Theft - ShopliftingEntire List

Juneau Police Department

Questions Posted to "Ask a Dispatcher"

Q. Can anonymous calls be reported about somone who drives home drunk from bars several times a week? I'm concerned about the public's safety. And do bartenders bear any responsibility if they know this happens?

Dear Juneau Resident,

You definitely can make an anonymous report about DWI. You can even use a tip line, Crimeline, to make that report. Crimeline is available on the JPD website or you can call 586-4243. You can also call dispatch and request that you remain anonymous.

Bartenders are not allowed to serve someone who is already drunk but you can be DWI without meeting the legal definition of drunk, which is more impaired. So whether or not the bartender did something they should not have depends on how intoxicated the person got. Bartenders are not expected to follow people to see that they don't drive but lots of good bartenders ask people if the want cabs and then call one for them. It is great when bartenders take those steps to encourage people to avoid endangering others.


CBJ Image