City and Borough of Juneau
155 S. Seward Street
Juneau, Alaska 99801
tel. 907-586-5240
fax 907-586-5385

If you can read this, your browser is not style sheet compliant. If you are using an ADA browser, continue on for information and menu links.For more information regarding the City and Borough Juneau's new website design, click [here].

How Do I...

Appeal a Citation Get My Impounded Vehicle Abandoned Vehicle File an Online Police Report Apply for Employment Request A Police Report Compliments/Complaints Contact Us

JPD Menu

People of Interest

Felony Theft - ShopliftingEntire List

Juneau Police Department

Questions Posted to "Ask a Dispatcher"

Q. Is there anywhere an rv can park without being harassed by jpd. Jpd is good at telling you where you cant park, but not where you CAN park. any suggestions?

Dear Juneau Resident,

I understand your frustration. JPD gets regular calls from people complaining about camping, RV and non-RV, in their neighborhoods. Usually the complaint involves concerns about litter, sewage, that kind of thing. Those types of concerns is why the 'no camping' rules were passed by elected officials. Then when JPD responds we find someone just trying to get by and make ends meet by coming up with their own affordable housing, and you gotta respect that instinct. Because the law addresses the camping, we often ask people to move knowing there aren't good, or free, options out there for the campers. Unfortunately, this 'round robin' of conflict is probably going to continue as long as affordable housing is scarce in Juneau.

The options for folks looking for an RV spot in Juneau are the two private RV trailer parks, Spruce Meadows and the Auke Bay RV park. If those parks are anything like the mobile home parks, there are probably rarely openings but you could try a waiting list. During the summer there are a couple more options, the Mendenhall Glacier campground and Auke Recreation area campground.

Another possibility is if you find a private property owner willing to host an RV, you can check for conflicts with zoning requirements by calling the Community Development on call person at 586-0715.


CBJ Image