City and Borough of Juneau
155 S. Seward Street
Juneau, Alaska 99801
tel. 907-586-5240
fax 907-586-5385

If you can read this, your browser is not style sheet compliant. If you are using an ADA browser, continue on for information and menu links.For more information regarding the City and Borough Juneau's new website design, click [here].

How Do I...

Appeal a Citation Get My Impounded Vehicle Abandoned Vehicle File an Online Police Report Apply for Employment Request A Police Report Compliments/Complaints Contact Us

JPD Menu

People of Interest

Felony Theft - ShopliftingEntire List

Juneau Police Department

Questions Posted to "Ask a Dispatcher"

Q. What's GRH? JPD and the radio stations both refer to it. Thanks!

Dear Juneau Resident,

Most likely what you are hearing is "JRH". Those initials stand for the "Juneau Recovery Hospital". The proper name is now "Rainforest Recovery Hospital". The treatment center is a division of Bartlett Regional Hospital and treats substance abuse and addiction. When JPD takes someone into custody because they are too impaired to care for themselves our first choice is to take them home. If home is not a good option, like they would be alone there, our next choice is to take the person to JRH or ask JRH to come pick up the person. Those of us with gray hairs or no hairs in both patrol and dispatch get stuck on the old term "JRH" instead of using the new name.


CBJ Image