City and Borough of Juneau
155 S. Seward Street
Juneau, Alaska 99801
tel. 907-586-5240
fax 907-586-5385

If you can read this, your browser is not style sheet compliant. If you are using an ADA browser, continue on for information and menu links.For more information regarding the City and Borough Juneau's new website design, click [here].

How Do I...

Appeal a Citation Get My Impounded Vehicle Abandoned Vehicle File an Online Police Report Apply for Employment Request A Police Report Compliments/Complaints Contact Us

JPD Menu

People of Interest

Felony Theft - ShopliftingEntire List

Juneau Police Department

Questions Posted to "Ask a Dispatcher"

Q. I'm nineteen and am married to a twenty-one year old. Is it legal for me to drink alcohol at a restaurant with him? Or does it have to be inside our home?

Dear Juneau Resident,

Under Alaska Statute 04.16.051 your husband can legally give you alcohol but not on a licensed premise. Think of it as his exception for being able to give you alcohol doesn't trump the licensee's obligation to keep people under 21 from consuming on the premises.


CBJ Image