City and Borough of Juneau
155 S. Seward Street
Juneau, Alaska 99801
tel. 907-586-5240
fax 907-586-5385

If you can read this, your browser is not style sheet compliant. If you are using an ADA browser, continue on for information and menu links.For more information regarding the City and Borough Juneau's new website design, click [here].

How Do I...

Appeal a Citation Get My Impounded Vehicle Abandoned Vehicle File an Online Police Report Apply for Employment Request A Police Report Compliments/Complaints Contact Us

JPD Menu

People of Interest

Felony Theft - ShopliftingEntire List

Juneau Police Department

Questions Posted to "Ask a Dispatcher"

Q. I had a piece of expensive jewelry stolen while in a domestic relationship. I know who took it as does my previous partner. the item has been missing for about 3 months. I gave the ex time to get it back from his child, who stole it. the item is not returned. Can I still file a police report of the stolen item?

Dear Juneau Resident,

You should absolutely report the theft, especially if you have any feeling the jewelry was traded for drugs. JPD often collects items believed to be stolen but if we can't find the original owner the person in possession gets a free pass for being in possession of stolen property and even gets to keep the item.

Jewelry is notoriously hard to match to a written description. If you had a picture to go with the report, even of you wearing the item, please provide that. If you know the store where the item was purchased a jeweler might also be able to help identify the item.


CBJ Image