City and Borough of Juneau
155 S. Seward Street
Juneau, Alaska 99801
tel. 907-586-5240
fax 907-586-5385

If you can read this, your browser is not style sheet compliant. If you are using an ADA browser, continue on for information and menu links.For more information regarding the City and Borough Juneau's new website design, click [here].

How Do I...

Appeal a Citation Get My Impounded Vehicle Abandoned Vehicle File an Online Police Report Apply for Employment Request A Police Report Compliments/Complaints Contact Us

JPD Menu

People of Interest

Felony Theft - ShopliftingEntire List

Juneau Police Department

Questions Posted to "Ask a Dispatcher"

Q. If someone is known as a SAM (sexual abuse on minors, or sexual assult) can someone still do a ride along jpd, or as I have read a ride a long with dispatch? Also I was reading about this JCP programs what are some guide lines to enter? If someone has a background or a criminal record all of them mistormenors can they still do a ride along? Also is there a way to do a ride a long with these JCP people?

Dear Juneau Resident,

Someone convicted of sexual abuse of a minor or sexual assault would not pass the background check to go on a ride a long with patrol or dispatch. JCP would also not work for you since members have to pass a background to have unescorted access to JPD.

JPD's position is that we have to make sure that anyone who wants to commit crimes in the future should not be allowed to use ride a longs to become more familiar with police procedures for the purpose of improving his or her chances of getting away with those crimes. Creating that ban may mean that some law abiding, reformed citizens cannot participate in law enforcement activities. There is no test that confirms someone has reformed so JPD has to err on the side of caution.


CBJ Image