City and Borough of Juneau
155 S. Seward Street
Juneau, Alaska 99801
tel. 907-586-5240
fax 907-586-5385

If you can read this, your browser is not style sheet compliant. If you are using an ADA browser, continue on for information and menu links.For more information regarding the City and Borough Juneau's new website design, click [here].

How Do I...

Appeal a Citation Get My Impounded Vehicle Abandoned Vehicle File an Online Police Report Apply for Employment Request A Police Report Compliments/Complaints Contact Us

JPD Menu

People of Interest

Felony Theft - ShopliftingEntire List

Juneau Police Department

Questions Posted to "Ask a Dispatcher"

Q. Let's say a woman gets raped and a policeman just happens to drive by and see but before he can pull over the man runs away. If the vitim doesn't want to talk about it, report it, etc; can she get charged for not complying with the officer? This scenerio is unlikely, but I was just wondering what a vitim's rights were if this, or something like it were to happen.

Dear Juneau Resident,

Good question! There is no legal requirement for a person who is a victim of a crime to report it. Also, victims have a choice to cooperate or not with the prosecution of a rape suspect. However, if you are a witness to certain serious crimes including rape, under certain conditions Alaska law requires you to report it to the police. (See AS 11.56.765-767)


CBJ Image