City and Borough of Juneau
155 S. Seward Street
Juneau, Alaska 99801
tel. 907-586-5240
fax 907-586-5385

If you can read this, your browser is not style sheet compliant. If you are using an ADA browser, continue on for information and menu links.For more information regarding the City and Borough Juneau's new website design, click [here].

How Do I...

Appeal a Citation Get My Impounded Vehicle Abandoned Vehicle File an Online Police Report Apply for Employment Request A Police Report Compliments/Complaints Contact Us

JPD Menu

People of Interest

Felony Theft - ShopliftingEntire List

Juneau Police Department

Questions Posted to "Ask a Dispatcher"

Q. If two people are in a single car accident and both people are okay and the only damage was done to the car and the people can get the car from the scene safely and by themselves, are you still required to report it?

Dear Juneau Resident,

Do you mean were backing out of your driveway and hit a large rock across the street and dented your bumper, do you have to report it? The answer depends.

It depends on the amount of damage done to your car. Alaska law requires you to report any crash that results in injury to anyone or total property damage to the extent of $2,000. That report should be made to the police, however you have the option of reporting it yourself to the Alaska Department of Administration within 10 days of the crash.

So if you have an expensive bumper, you have to report it.


CBJ Image