City and Borough of Juneau
155 S. Seward Street
Juneau, Alaska 99801
tel. 907-586-5240
fax 907-586-5385

If you can read this, your browser is not style sheet compliant. If you are using an ADA browser, continue on for information and menu links.For more information regarding the City and Borough Juneau's new website design, click [here].

How Do I...

Appeal a Citation Get My Impounded Vehicle Abandoned Vehicle File an Online Police Report Apply for Employment Request A Police Report Compliments/Complaints Contact Us

JPD Menu

People of Interest

Felony Theft - ShopliftingEntire List

Juneau Police Department

Questions Posted to "Ask a Dispatcher"

Q. how do i get a temporary restraining order or injunction

Dear Juneau Resident,

Note: Most of the following information was taken directly from
If a person has stalked or sexually assaulted you, you can ask the court to order the person to stay away from you and not contact you. A request for a “protective order” is a civil matter, not a criminal matter. If you want the stalker or assailant to be prosecuted criminally, you need to report the incident(s) to the police.

The first step is to complete the necessary paperwork, which can be found at the courthouse or online at

Use the Stalking or Sexual Assault Protective Order Packet if the person you want protection from is a friend, student at the same school you attend, neighbor, co-worker, a landlord or tenant, or someone you do not know. You should fill out a Domestic Violence Petition (DV-100) if the stalker or assailant is your spouse or former spouse, parent, grandparent, your child, grandchild, brother or sister, your first cousin, aunt or uncle, nephew or niece, someone who you presently or previously had a dating or sexual relationship with, current or former roommate, or a person related or formerly related to you by marriage (for example a stepparent, stepchild).

Find FAQs about Criminal Law – Domestic Violence at

As always, in case of an emergency, call 9-1-1.


CBJ Image