City and Borough of Juneau
155 S. Seward Street
Juneau, Alaska 99801
tel. 907-586-5240
fax 907-586-5385

If you can read this, your browser is not style sheet compliant. If you are using an ADA browser, continue on for information and menu links.For more information regarding the City and Borough Juneau's new website design, click [here].

How Do I...

Appeal a Citation Get My Impounded Vehicle Abandoned Vehicle File an Online Police Report Apply for Employment Request A Police Report Compliments/Complaints Contact Us

JPD Menu

People of Interest

Felony Theft - ShopliftingEntire List

Juneau Police Department

Questions Posted to "Ask a Dispatcher"

Q. Someone abandoned a boat and trailer in the lot across from super bear.How would someone go about claiming it.I need a trailer.

Dear Juneau Resident,

Had to talk to one of our community service officers on this one. The officers in the white shirts are the experts on abandoned vehicles/property.

First you need to find the owner of the property. The property owner can request the title of an abandoned vehicle be transferred into his or her name after a period of 6 months has passed.

Here is the link to the DMV info on how to do that:

Once the property owner has claimed the trailer it belongs to them to dispose of as he or she wants, including selling it to you.


CBJ Image