City and Borough of Juneau
155 S. Seward Street
Juneau, Alaska 99801
tel. 907-586-5240
fax 907-586-5385

If you can read this, your browser is not style sheet compliant. If you are using an ADA browser, continue on for information and menu links.For more information regarding the City and Borough Juneau's new website design, click [here].

How Do I...

Appeal a Citation Get My Impounded Vehicle Abandoned Vehicle File an Online Police Report Apply for Employment Request A Police Report Compliments/Complaints Contact Us

JPD Menu

People of Interest

Felony Theft - ShopliftingEntire List

Juneau Police Department

Questions Posted to "Ask a Dispatcher"

Q. Who would I call when I see a car parked in a handicap spot without a sign hanging inside the car or license plates without the handicap marking? Am I allowed to take a picture of the car in question?

Dear Juneau Resident,

The best number to call is JPD's non-emergency line, 586-0600, to report someone parking in a handicap spot without the appropriate placard. You can take a picture of anything in public view but a picture is not necessary for the citation. The officer will need to catch the person in the act of violating to issue the ticket so how fast the officer gets there depends on what other calls are going on at the time.


CBJ Image