City and Borough of Juneau
155 S. Seward Street
Juneau, Alaska 99801
tel. 907-586-5240
fax 907-586-5385

If you can read this, your browser is not style sheet compliant. If you are using an ADA browser, continue on for information and menu links.For more information regarding the City and Borough Juneau's new website design, click [here].

How Do I...

Appeal a Citation Get My Impounded Vehicle Abandoned Vehicle File an Online Police Report Apply for Employment Request A Police Report Compliments/Complaints Contact Us

JPD Menu

People of Interest

Felony Theft - ShopliftingEntire List

Juneau Police Department

Questions Posted to "Ask a Dispatcher"

Q. I got a parking ticket notice in the mail on a vehicle that I sold a couple years ago. I don't even know who owns it now. Why would JPD still have it under my name and is it my responsibility to pay for whoever owns the truck now?

Dear Juneau Resident,

JPD gets its information about registered owners from DMV. If you did not submit a notice of transfer and the new owner did not register the vehicle, you are still the registered owner. What you can do now is go to DMV and fill out a form that provides the name of the person you sold the vehicle to, and JPD will treat that person as the registered owner.

This issue comes up frequently. Anyone selling a vehicle should remember, especially if the plates don't expire for awhile, that the new owner may violate the law and not register the vehicle. Sellers should file the transfer pending form immediately to remove the seller's name.


CBJ Image