City and Borough of Juneau
155 S. Seward Street
Juneau, Alaska 99801
tel. 907-586-5240
fax 907-586-5385

If you can read this, your browser is not style sheet compliant. If you are using an ADA browser, continue on for information and menu links.For more information regarding the City and Borough Juneau's new website design, click [here].

How Do I...

Appeal a Citation Get My Impounded Vehicle Abandoned Vehicle File an Online Police Report Apply for Employment Request A Police Report Compliments/Complaints Contact Us

JPD Menu

People of Interest

Felony Theft - ShopliftingEntire List

Juneau Police Department

Questions Posted to "Ask a Dispatcher"

Q. A parent of one of the students in my son's class is a registered sex offender. Are sex offenders allowed in schools? Spending time in classrooms? Thanks.

Dear Juneau Resident,

Sex offenders who are still on probation/parole may have requirements that they not be alone with children and may have to stay a certin distance from a school. If the person is off supervision it is possible the only restriction is he or she has to register. What you can do is call adult probations and see if the person is under court supervision and has restrictions. Most registered sex offenders are not under court ordered probations/parole supervision.

It is good sign that you are aware of your surroundings and the people there. That characteristic is what is most likely to keep your child from being victimized. The only real guard against sex offenders, identified or not yet identified, is that responsible adults are watching the children at all times.


CBJ Image