City and Borough of Juneau
155 S. Seward Street
Juneau, Alaska 99801
tel. 907-586-5240
fax 907-586-5385

If you can read this, your browser is not style sheet compliant. If you are using an ADA browser, continue on for information and menu links.For more information regarding the City and Borough Juneau's new website design, click [here].

How Do I...

Appeal a Citation Get My Impounded Vehicle Abandoned Vehicle File an Online Police Report Apply for Employment Request A Police Report Compliments/Complaints Contact Us

JPD Menu

People of Interest

Felony Theft - ShopliftingEntire List

Juneau Police Department

Questions Posted to "Ask a Dispatcher"

Q. What do I do if I find a bicycle abandoned on my property?

Dear Juneau Resident,

You have three options depending on the value of the bike and if you want to keep it.
1) If the bicycle has no monetary value, basically trash, you can throw it away.
2) You can report the bike to JPD, with serial number and description, and we will check to see if it has been reported lost or stolen. If there is no report we will take your information and if no one calls us to claim the bike in 90 days it is yours.
3) You can call JPD and we will pick it up. We will do the same checks as we would do if you called us. If we are not able to reunite the bike with it's owner we store the bike in a big metal outdoor container until it can be sold. That type of storage is not good for bikes and they do tend to deteriorate so JPD doesn't like to collect bikes. We know rusting in a container is a sad fate for the nice bikes we collect.

JPD encourages bike owners to go to the bike registrations section on our website. It is under Programs and Services. That services helps JPD get bikes back to owners if the bike is lost or stolen.
Answered 3-13-12


CBJ Image