City and Borough of Juneau
155 S. Seward Street
Juneau, Alaska 99801
tel. 907-586-5240
fax 907-586-5385

If you can read this, your browser is not style sheet compliant. If you are using an ADA browser, continue on for information and menu links.For more information regarding the City and Borough Juneau's new website design, click [here].

How Do I...

Appeal a Citation Get My Impounded Vehicle Abandoned Vehicle File an Online Police Report Apply for Employment Request A Police Report Compliments/Complaints Contact Us

JPD Menu

People of Interest

Felony Theft - ShopliftingEntire List

Juneau Police Department

Questions Posted to "Ask a Dispatcher"

Q. In Alaska, are you allowed to spank your child? In public?

Dear Juneau Resident,

Spanking as discipline is legal in Alaska. The law does not change based on the parties being in public or private. This does not mean child abuse is legal. Beating a child is never acceptable and should be reported. If you see something that concerns you, definitely report the incident to JPD at 586-0600.
Answered 4-16-12


CBJ Image