City and Borough of Juneau
155 S. Seward Street
Juneau, Alaska 99801
tel. 907-586-5240
fax 907-586-5385

If you can read this, your browser is not style sheet compliant. If you are using an ADA browser, continue on for information and menu links.For more information regarding the City and Borough Juneau's new website design, click [here].

How Do I...

Appeal a Citation Get My Impounded Vehicle Abandoned Vehicle File an Online Police Report Apply for Employment Request A Police Report Compliments/Complaints Contact Us

JPD Menu

People of Interest

Felony Theft - ShopliftingEntire List

Juneau Police Department

Questions Posted to "Ask a Dispatcher"

Q. Is JPD aware of all the young kids in vehicles (mainly trucks and SUVs) who hang out in Mendenhall Mall parking lot(s), driving recklessly from one parking lot to the other across the street, and doing brodies to impress each other? We've nearly gotten hit a couple of times, especially out in front of the former Gottschalks area. Check there on weekday afternoons (4:30/5:00)...I'm sure a few citations could be written!!

Dear Juneau Resident,

Patrol and school officers have been notified. This is called a request for extra patrol and residents can ask for that when they see a consistent problem in an area. When you see the problem behavior in that area again, try to get a plate, driverís description, and call it in to 586-0600. There might be an officer in the area.

This particular area has an added element that the parking lots and road are private property. That means bad driving has to reach a misdemeanor level, like negligent driving, for JPD to get involved. We donít write driving tickets for behavior on private property. You canít get tagged for speeding in your driveway.

Private property means there is, somewhere, a private owner who can criminally trespass someone who is a consistent problem. The owner would probably have to be convinced the person is causing a liability for the property owner.


CBJ Image