City and Borough of Juneau
155 S. Seward Street
Juneau, Alaska 99801
tel. 907-586-5240
fax 907-586-5385

If you can read this, your browser is not style sheet compliant. If you are using an ADA browser, continue on for information and menu links.For more information regarding the City and Borough Juneau's new website design, click [here].

How Do I...

Appeal a Citation Get My Impounded Vehicle Abandoned Vehicle File an Online Police Report Apply for Employment Request A Police Report Compliments/Complaints Contact Us

JPD Menu

People of Interest

Felony Theft - ShopliftingEntire List

Juneau Police Department

Questions Posted to "Ask a Dispatcher"

Q. Sorry to bug you with this, but can you get married by a justice of the peace in Juneau? My fiance and I are googling up a storm but can't find one, and we really don't want a ceremony. Just want to sign the papers and start our life together.

Dear Juneau Resident,

Alaska has this really neat program where a friend of yours can conduct your marriage ceremony. We don't have a justice of the peace, however. A resident can apply for a 'Marriage Commissioners' license. This license gives the holder the ability to conduct weddings. This is a really neat program that allows godparents, good friends, people who really know the bride and groom to conduct the ceremony. At JPD several people have used or been marriage commissioners and it is quite fun to go that route on your special day. The paperwork is on the lowest level of the courthouse downtown. You can probably get the form online as well.


CBJ Image