City and Borough of Juneau
155 S. Seward Street
Juneau, Alaska 99801
tel. 907-586-5240
fax 907-586-5385

If you can read this, your browser is not style sheet compliant. If you are using an ADA browser, continue on for information and menu links.For more information regarding the City and Borough Juneau's new website design, click [here].

How Do I...

Appeal a Citation Get My Impounded Vehicle Abandoned Vehicle File an Online Police Report Apply for Employment Request A Police Report Compliments/Complaints Contact Us

JPD Menu

People of Interest

Felony Theft - ShopliftingEntire List

Juneau Police Department

Questions Posted to "Ask a Dispatcher"

Q. I have a family member that is not allowed to have any firearms because of mental illness's and a prior felony arrest. I resently found bullets in his car and a gun case in his house and I am worried because he has made prior comments about suicide. What happens to him if I find him with a fire arm?

Dear Juneau Resident,

It would be best if you call JPD and report a possible misconduct involving weapons in the 3rd and be sure to mention prior suicidal statements and exactly what was said. You shouldn't look for the gun or confront your family member since that could turn violent. If now know or find out where the gun is please tell the dispatcher when you call.

After your call an investigation will start hopefully if there are suicidal, or even homicidal, intentions with your family member those plans can be interrupted. If we can confirm suicidal intentions JPD will contact an on-call mental health clinician to meet with your family member. Charges may be filed on the weapons issue but medical concerns do come first or possibly simultaneously with addressing the criminal issues.

Please take this situation seriously, you may save his or someone else's life.


CBJ Image