City and Borough of Juneau
155 S. Seward Street
Juneau, Alaska 99801
tel. 907-586-5240
fax 907-586-5385

If you can read this, your browser is not style sheet compliant. If you are using an ADA browser, continue on for information and menu links.For more information regarding the City and Borough Juneau's new website design, click [here].

How Do I...

Appeal a Citation Get My Impounded Vehicle Abandoned Vehicle File an Online Police Report Apply for Employment Request A Police Report Compliments/Complaints Contact Us

JPD Menu

People of Interest

Felony Theft - ShopliftingEntire List

Juneau Police Department

Questions Posted to "Ask a Dispatcher"

Q. Wondering if you could red tag a car ? It is a green caravan with a flat tire that has not moved in over two years. It is on Old Lawson Creek Rd. behind North Point Condo on condo property. There is am easement for one car to park there however there is more then one car. Thanks

Dear Juneau Resident,

We don't red tag, "Intent to Impound" tag cars on private property but what JPD can do is try and find the registered owner and see if that owner will remove the car rather than face a $300 fine. If that doesn't work the condo association is responsible for the private property and can have the vehicle towed.


JPD has spoken with the owner of the vehicle and it seems there is a civil dispute over that easement. It probably has to do with the size of the easement since measurements are used not number of vehicles when easements are defined. Property boundaries and rights are a complicated area of civil law and often a surveyor is needed to settle issues. It's probably a good idea for the condo association to speak with its attorney.



CBJ Image