City and Borough of Juneau
155 S. Seward Street
Juneau, Alaska 99801
tel. 907-586-5240
fax 907-586-5385

If you can read this, your browser is not style sheet compliant. If you are using an ADA browser, continue on for information and menu links.For more information regarding the City and Borough Juneau's new website design, click [here].

How Do I...

Appeal a Citation Get My Impounded Vehicle Abandoned Vehicle File an Online Police Report Apply for Employment Request A Police Report Compliments/Complaints Contact Us

JPD Menu

People of Interest

Felony Theft - ShopliftingEntire List

Juneau Police Department

Questions Posted to "Ask a Dispatcher"

Q. I have a neighbor that has 2 old crappy boats in his yard, a car on blocks, a fish smoker, and tons of junk in their yard/driveway. Are there any codes that would disallow this? Thanks for your answer.

Dear Juneau Resident,

You may have a community development enforcement issue. Below is a description from the community development website indicating when those folks can do enforcement. If you have a complaint you can call 586-0770 and ask for a code enforcement officer.

What is a Community Development Enforcement Violation?

Junk in excess of 200 s.f., such as:
Vehicles parked on the property that are untagged or have expired tags
Junk and debris either scattered or piled on the property in a disorderly fashion (i.e. glass, paper, wood)
Salvage furniture, household items and construction materials (i.e. tanks, drums, pipes, etc. strewn about the property)
Inoperable and abandoned vehicles parked on the property



CBJ Image