City and Borough of Juneau
155 S. Seward Street
Juneau, Alaska 99801
tel. 907-586-5240
fax 907-586-5385

If you can read this, your browser is not style sheet compliant. If you are using an ADA browser, continue on for information and menu links.For more information regarding the City and Borough Juneau's new website design, click [here].

How Do I...

Appeal a Citation Get My Impounded Vehicle Abandoned Vehicle File an Online Police Report Apply for Employment Request A Police Report Compliments/Complaints Contact Us

JPD Menu

People of Interest

Felony Theft - ShopliftingEntire List

Juneau Police Department

Questions Posted to "Ask a Dispatcher"

Q. I live in Auke bay towers located behind the Auke bay post office. For the last 2-3 days construction on the Auke bay school parking lot has started at 5am. This is outside the noise ordinance. Since this is a Juneau city project whom to I complain to? Per the noise ordinance any change should of been notified to the residents. Which has not occurred.

Dear Juneau Resident,

You can start by calling CBJ Community Development at 586-0700 to see if the contractor has a permit for the noise out side what is usually allowed for construction noise, (not before 7:00am on weekdays). If there is no permit then call in a noise complaint to JPD on 586-0600 when they start at 5:00 am again. You can also go to the contractor and have a diplomatic conversation and ask about the permit. Most contractors on government projects are polite to the public. You might be able to have a productive conversation about the problem.


CBJ Image