City and Borough of Juneau
155 S. Seward Street
Juneau, Alaska 99801
tel. 907-586-5240
fax 907-586-5385

If you can read this, your browser is not style sheet compliant. If you are using an ADA browser, continue on for information and menu links.For more information regarding the City and Borough Juneau's new website design, click [here].

How Do I...

Appeal a Citation Get My Impounded Vehicle Abandoned Vehicle File an Online Police Report Apply for Employment Request A Police Report Compliments/Complaints Contact Us

JPD Menu

People of Interest

Felony Theft - ShopliftingEntire List

Juneau Police Department

Questions Posted to "Ask a Dispatcher"

Q. My landlord is not providing a secure location for apartment trash. Earlier this year a neighbor called JPD after being startled by a bear eating out of the trash can. My landlord was told of that situation and of several bear visits since. But they still haven't fixed it. What should I do?

Dear Juneau Resident,

You can go about this two ways, possibly at the same time. Call the landlord and explain the situation and find out if any change is in the works. Also, call JPD at 586-0600 and report the unsecured trash. No one would want to see a bear get into trouble after becoming habituated to this food source.


CBJ Image