City and Borough of Juneau
155 S. Seward Street
Juneau, Alaska 99801
tel. 907-586-5240
fax 907-586-5385

If you can read this, your browser is not style sheet compliant. If you are using an ADA browser, continue on for information and menu links.For more information regarding the City and Borough Juneau's new website design, click [here].

How Do I...

Appeal a Citation Get My Impounded Vehicle Abandoned Vehicle File an Online Police Report Apply for Employment Request A Police Report Compliments/Complaints Contact Us

JPD Menu

People of Interest

Felony Theft - ShopliftingEntire List

Juneau Police Department

Questions Posted to "Ask a Dispatcher"

Q. My ex bf is has my school diploma and all school certificates and he is not responding my emails. Is there anything you could do to help me?

Dear Juneau Resident,

It's not a criminal issue since the items have great value to you but not monetary value. He may be keeping them just to inconvenience you or make you communicate with him. People do strange things after a break up.

There are a couple of things you can do. If you have a mutual friend with your ex, you might be able to persuade that person to talk reason to your ex and get him to do the right thing. Your other option is to contact your school for a record of your graduation. That record may not be a copy of the diploma but will work for employment and other purposes. The same goes for other school certificates. The school or the instructor should have records that will allow someone to verify your participation. Many of us have experience with asking for copies of lost documents. Almost all official documents, even the biggies like birth certificates, social security cards, and passports, are replaceable if you have enough time and are willing to jump through the hoops.


CBJ Image