City and Borough of Juneau
155 S. Seward Street
Juneau, Alaska 99801
tel. 907-586-5240
fax 907-586-5385

If you can read this, your browser is not style sheet compliant. If you are using an ADA browser, continue on for information and menu links.For more information regarding the City and Borough Juneau's new website design, click [here].

How Do I...

Appeal a Citation Get My Impounded Vehicle Abandoned Vehicle File an Online Police Report Apply for Employment Request A Police Report Compliments/Complaints Contact Us

JPD Menu

People of Interest

Felony Theft - ShopliftingEntire List

Juneau Police Department

Questions Posted to "Ask a Dispatcher"

Q. It is legal to uses drugs ie heroin meth if you work for JPD or the Feds.
So what is the crime buying or selling?

Dear Juneau Resident,

It is illegal for anyone to use, buy, or sell heroin or meth, except, of course, undercover officers buying or delivering drugs as part of a authorized operation. If a law enforcement officer for JPD or the feds were to do something so incredibly unwise as to use drugs and/or sell or buy drugs (not in the line of duty) there are also serious job implications. Obviously a person can't do the job of law enforcement and use heroin or meth.

If a civilian staff member of JPD or the feds is using illegal drugs it is still illegal and a serious employment issue but not at the same level as someone carrying a gun.

If you have any information about someone who works for JPD or the Feds doing any illegal drugs it is important that you report that information immediately to the head of whatever agency is involved. There would need to be a prompt and complete investigation with appropriate consequences.


CBJ Image