City and Borough of Juneau
155 S. Seward Street
Juneau, Alaska 99801
tel. 907-586-5240
fax 907-586-5385

If you can read this, your browser is not style sheet compliant. If you are using an ADA browser, continue on for information and menu links.For more information regarding the City and Borough Juneau's new website design, click [here].

How Do I...

Appeal a Citation Get My Impounded Vehicle Abandoned Vehicle File an Online Police Report Apply for Employment Request A Police Report Compliments/Complaints Contact Us

JPD Menu

People of Interest

Felony Theft - ShopliftingEntire List

Juneau Police Department

Questions Posted to "Ask a Dispatcher"

Q. What is the ordinance for no smoking within 10 feet of a doorway? Are any businesses exempt from the 10 ft rule? There is a business in downtown whose owners and employees along with patrons smoke right outside the door. Who does one make a complaint to since the owners are in violation and don't care?

Dear Juneau Resident,

JPD doesn't know of any exceptions to the 10 foot rule. Your best bet is to make a complaint to JPD and enforcement will be done as priorities allow. Try calling in when there are not large crowds on the street. Bar break is a bad time to call in such a complaint. At that time keeping fights from breaking out is the priority.

If the business you are writing about is a business with a liquor license, and you have complained to the owner and he or she is not willing to address the issue, you can try the Alcoholic Beverage Control Board. Businesses with liquor licenses are supposed to comply with city ordinances as a condition of having a liquor license.


CBJ Image